Monday, July 26, 2010

Best Ever Choc Chip Cookies



I wanted to share this recipe with you from one of my favourite blogs: http://skinnylattestrikesback.blogspot.com/


"Best Ever Choc Chip Cookies

2 and 1/4 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (note: I love salt in sweet things. I up this to 2-3 teaspoons, but that's just me. And I use Maldon sea salt)
1 cup butter or dairy free spread
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup oatmeal or porridge oats
Preheat the oven to 190 C (350 F). Line several baking trays with baking paper.

Put the butter, vanilla and sugars in a bowl and beat until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until creamy and fluffy.

Add 1 cup of the flour and fold in. Then add the rest of the flour, the baking soda and salt. It will look very thick and you'll think you need to add water or something, but don't! It will all be fine! Keep stirring!
Once all the flour is mixed in, add the oats and choc chips, again a bit at a time. Stir through thoroughly.


Use two teaspoons to spoon the mixture into small dollops on to the baking trays. You'll probably be able to get 12 on a normal baking sheet. Make sure you leave lots of room in between them, as they spread out when baking.
When your trays are all loaded, put them in the oven and bake for 10-11 minutes or until they look golden on top. An oven timer is my lifesaver here. I can't tell you how many biscuits I burned over the years because I got distracted while they were in the oven!
Remove from the oven and cool slightly before removing from trays. Then spoon remaining mixture back on to the trays as before, put back in the oven, etc. Until all the mixture is gone!
It takes me about 7 trays to use all the mixture.
Depending on the size of your dollops, you can get up to 80 cookies from this - I usually average around 65."

I made mine twice the size as i like bigger cookies, I got maybe 30 large cookies. I also added 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment