Saturday, July 18, 2009

Competition results

Thanks so much to those that entered a loved one into our first competition. We had so much trouble picking the winners from the heart felt entries received, its great to hear that there is still so many people out there looking out for each other during trying times, and wonderful to hear how appreciated your Mums are.
We ended up giving away 5 boxes of Cupids Touch cupcakes and really enjoyed the looks on their faces when we hand delivered them.

Please see below the winning entries to give you the warm fuzzies.....
Marise, Papakura, writes of her very caring Mum & Community hero:
I would like to nominate my mum. Mum does voluntary work for the Citizens Advise Bureau and the red cross on a weekly basis. Mum has recently been under the weather a wee bit as she has had horrible ulcers on her legs which required her wearing tight surgical bandages on both legs, this did not stop mum from doing her voluntary work or stop her from visiting my Dad every day in hospital when he had a stroke. Mum so deserves these cup cakes - she will probably take them to share at the CAB, thats just the type of woman she is.

Faith, Milford, writes of a very giving animal lover:
She is a very special lady who works fulltime and devotes a huge amount of time to rescuing unloved cats all hours of the day and night, she goes above and beyond the call of duty. She could work from 8-8pm and still be out in all weathers late at night and early in the morning rescuing cats that need help.
Fred, Mangere, writes of a Supermum/gran:
I am entering this for my momzy. She is the most amazing person in the world. Besides holding down a fulltime job, she is also enjoying the treat (well I am sure its a treat for her? ha) of being a new grandmother of my two beautiful nieces. After some crazy shift work hours, mum comes home and wants to take on majority of the responsibility of her granddaughters, by choice I might add. Not only that, everytime we go to visit or friends go to visit, she becomes host of the year with open arms (a little bit like the ginger hair lady on Desperate Housewives, without the crazy intentions). Besides being the best mother, grandmother and friend - shes the best baker, butcher and candlestick maker (ha). Just the best friend any of us could have. Moments like this when you wish Mothers Day was every day! In saying that, I would be broke. But just to have a box of your Delish Cupcakes - PRICELESS.
Michael, Castor Bay, writes of his superstar neighbour:
After a tough year for me, having had an accident leaving me off work for 10 weeks, and also having to get to grips with being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, Claire has been a fantastic neighbour and friend. She has been available at the drop of a hat to help with my child care responsibilities for my 8 year old son who I am home with in the afternoon. She also understands my need to have a gluten free diet, as her mother is also Coeliac, and is always sending me over gluten free baking. My son is included in many things they do with their 7 and 5 year old kids. I know she is active in the community too, and has recently returned to teaching part time - so she has loads on her plate, yet still finds time to help me. She is a great neighbour and deserves to have some special treats delivered to her, like I have mine from her.
Vanessa, Glenfield, writes of her busy and special Mum:
My mum is the best mum, she still looks out for me at 31 years old, as well and running around after my brother and sister (yes it is time she let go) and my Father ( who is disabled but beside that he takes a lot of looking after) she spends her share time knitting for my soon to be born nephew, and is the most selfless person i know ( and that makes me think she would perhaps share the cup cakes with us too). For all she does she deserves the biggest THANK YOU ever.

Thank you again to all who nominated such special people. We hope you look forward to our next competition as much as us.

No comments:

Post a Comment